Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Late Night Thoughts that Make Very Little Sense - with Garrett Vandenberg


Have you ever noticed how pickles are the ONLY vegetable that actually taste good pickled? Pickles are amazing, which is why it baffles me so much that genius who decided to start the whole trend of pickling stuff had to go and ruin his own quite obviously divinely inspired idea by taking it 7 steps too far. Who in this WORLD actually wants to eat a pickled tomato, or a pickled beet? Who in their right mind even wants to eat a beet in the first place? What's wrong with you?!

That was only the beginning though. I've heard horrible tales of so called "chefs" who have abused this method of enriching the taste of vegetables to the extent that they've dropped the idea of using it exclusively on vegetables altogether. Have any of you heard tell of the despicable substance (and I shutter to even ask)  known as "pickled pig's feet"?

Even the idea of that phrase, is more than just animal cruelty; It's a disgrace to humanity. I ask you, fellow breathers of oxygen: Can we live with ourselves anymore when our very own race has defiled our planet with this substance? I don't think so ladies and gentlemen. I DON'T THINK SO.

Anyway... I really do need to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, pickles aren't pickled. Cucumbers are. :P
    Good points, though.

    ReplyDelete