Monday, February 20, 2012

OVER THE ICE AND THOUGH THE HOOD

MY LIFE (AND ALL THE OTHER FUN STUFF)

As of yesterday evening, we've finally arrived in said remote community that is still yet to be named- by me at least. I’m sure it was one, but as we all know, I’m not really much for details.

Ice road = driven across, no problems. I wasn’t half as scared as I thought I was going to be; mostly because the ice turned out to be literally 4 feet thick. No risk of sinking there, at least, unless you’re driving an obese motorized blue whale, which we weren’t (thankfully).

We weren’t sure where we were staying until literally the minute we started staying there. We’ve bunked up in a kind couple’s cabin. Again, I don’t know their names currently so, for now they shall be known as “Steve 0.5” and “Steve 0.5’s wife” (They would have gotten “Steve 2.0” and “Steve 2.0’s wife”, but nobody achieves a higher numeral than that guy without at least planting a few churches. Hey, the guy set the bar high, what do you expect me to do about it?). They foster a young girl named Angelina, who literally has no other facial expressions than “MASSIVELY CUTE SMILE MODE”. It’s impossible to look at her and not be happy.

MY SPIRITUAL LIFE (AND EVERYONE ELSE’S. WHY DO I HAVE TO GET ALL THE ATTENTION?)

Ok, now for the heavy stuff. I want to ask right now that you stop whatever you’re doing and get ready to pray, because you’re going to feel like it after reading the next few paragraphs.

This place is screwed up. Not just screwed like “Hey, this place is kinda’ messed up” screwed up. It’s more “Hey, This place makes Sodom and Gomorra look like a nursery run by the Brady Bunch” screwed up. Homosexuality is rampant, Young girls are mothers by the time they’re 12 or younger. The church is in total anarchy. The suicide rate is higher here than any other area of Canada. The government would be more just if it were run by my 3 year old sister. There are more illegal drugs being passed around here then a- ok I can’t think of a good metaphor that isn’t incredibly racist, but you get the idea.

This kind of crap happens all over the place, but even in the church, they’ve had to replace the pastors I don’t even remember how many times because they were sleeping around, or the people simply decide they don’t like the way they teach. The worst part is; there doesn’t seem to be an answer. There isn’t a simple fix for this place. Even if they had a whole team of missionaries come in, it would take years to straighten these people out.

I don’t say that to make you feel bad about where you live, and how great you have it. Scratch that, I do. Feel bad if it makes you pray more! Anyone and everyone that has two knees and is acquainted with our heavenly daddy would do well to get down on them for a god hour and pray for these people. My dad and I will do our part, but there’s going to be any real changes made here, there’s going to have to be some serious Divine intervention going on.

That’s it. I’m done. I dare you not to at least get on your knees just for a second to pray for these people before you read on. Go on. I’ll wait.

MY STUFF

Still working on a few things since I’ve been out here; nothing in the last two days, since we’ve been driving and stuff, but I did do a pretty cool cover of “All the Right Moves” by One Republic the other day. I’ll get back on the “production work” pony’s back when I get home. Now, I rest for a few days.
There are also two possibilities for this March, that’ll be pretty exciting.
POSSIBLE – I’ll be playing guitar, and singin’ a little bit with my buddies “Atmosphere’s End” on March 30th.

ALSO POSSIBLE- I’ll be going somewhere else to do something I probably can’t tell you about as of the current moment. Trust me though, it’ll be huge. If this happens, I’ll probably also unfortunately have to skip out on the AE show, so sad face. That’s all I can really tell you until I find out more on Tuesday.
Last thing I should also mention that could also end up being pretty big. Not necessarily so much for me as my good friend “Tracy Lynn Holland”. The current plan is that within the next couple of weeks, we’ll meet up (In real life!) and do some acting (In real Technicolor!) of some scene (by a real writer who at this moment should also remain nameless). Sorry for all the secrets. Did I mention I’m a spy by the way? Yeah.





OR AM I?





Bye

3 comments:

  1. God really does have you and your dad there for such a time as this. Praying.

    "I'm sure it was once" instead of "I'm sure it was one," period after rampant, and "good hour" instead of "god hour."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise is four, not three. Also I prayed. I hope you can go back there someday! Also you got your their/there/they're and then/than mixed up. Just thought I'd mention that since you hate that so much. haha! ALSO we never talk on skype anymore and that makes me sad. And lastly... WHAT'S THE BIG NEWS???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine, not devine. I'll be praying for you. Are you in Canada?

    ReplyDelete