Wednesday, February 15, 2012

BORED.... A LITTLE BIT

MY LIFE (AND I'M TO LAZY TO THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE TO WRITE HERE)

Wednesday, Feb 15th
It's been a few days since I last updated the world on what I'm doing. Main reason: I haven't been doing a whole lot. On Sunday, there was supposed to be 2 services, but people just didn't come to the first one, which was fun. The same thing happened on the Friday before as well. As far as the current plan (which may change at literally any second, I'll keep you posted) is concerned, we'll be heading out to a REALLY remote reserve on Friday, but until then we just get to hang out here.

We're still at the church, and I still have no blemishes in my perfect Foose-Ball winning streak. Though my dad is a fantastic Ping-Pong player, he's got nothing on me when it comes to this wonderful game.
The days are kind of long, and are beginning to fall into a sort of format. Two actually.

Format 1 - My dad finds some mechanical work to do for someone, and is gone before I get up. He doesn't arrive home until late evening, and I pretty much sit around all day either writing music, or listening to it (after completing my daily allotment of home-school of course). The day ends with us watching a movie on the wall without projector while devouring a plethora of unhealthy food items.

Format 2 - My dad doesn't find anyone to help, and stays at the church to make phone calls. All else remains the same as Formula 1.

Sounds great right? Sure, but even so I am getting a bit bored, and kind of lonely, especially on the days when my dad goes out all day.

Oh, I should also mention that Desmond has been hanging out with us nearly every day since his conversion. Usually we'll either play a game, watch a movie, or my dad will spend time teaching hime stuff from the Bible. It's great to see him growing.

MY SPIRITUAL LIFE (DITTO)

No massive changes, although me and my dad have been praying together more since we've been here, and that's nice.
I have been reading through this book for school called "what is truth". Seriously though, most well written textbook I've ever had the privilege of reading. It's not just like they sit there and tell you information. It's written in the form of a novel, or more, a debate room filled with people of different worldviews: a round table discussion about the flaws and strong points of various worldviews, which is literally right up my alley. (I used to spend a lot of time debating in online forums, especially about various worldviews, since obviously Christianity is something I feel strongly about.)

There are a set of 9 characters (and I haven't learned what all of their viewpoints are yet) but one is Hindu, another Buddhist, another Humanist, another Christian, and there are three kids in the room that basically just ask questions.

It's been awesome seeing them battle it out, all with very strong arguments. It's nice to be able to hear what both sides have to say when it comes to these types of things being taught in school. Obviously though, the writers are Christian, and it is written with a small bias, but not half as much as I would have expected. If you haven't read this book (and I'm almost positive you haven't) and are at all interested in this sort of thing, you simply must take the time to read through it. (If you live close by me, maybe I can lone it to you)

MY STUFF (...)

‘Still working on music, although not quite as much as the first few days. I've shifted from dubstep to trying to asquint myself better with dance and straight up electronic. I'll be sure to post something at some point again with the progress I've made.
I've also started trying to write a little bit of "real" music, (with words and stuff) but we'll see how that goes...
FAREWELL
UNTIL I'M BORED ENOUGH TO WRITE AGAIN.










No seriously, I'm done. No part two this time.

4 comments:

  1. I kind of doubt that any readers live very close by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not true my friend! Most of the people who read my blog just don't have an account to subscribe, and simply reach it via facebook. A lot of them live in the same town I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What Is Truth" sounds really interesting. Might have to get it on my Kindle sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "What is Truth" was one of my favorite textbooks in High School... I loved that whole curriculum. Just wait til you get to the Ecclesiastes one... then you'll be REALLY messed up. :P

    -Deanna

    ReplyDelete